Wednesday 6 December 2017

ÀDÙFÉ I Written by: Odewumi Ifeoluwa

ÀDÙFÉ
Oh!  My Àdùfé
The one whose steps
Send a thousand currents to my brain
The one who smells
Just like a mix of fresh fruits and flowers
The one whose appearance
Sends cold shivers down my spine
My agùn-tó-aso-lò
That makes even the Iroko jealous
The one with a smile so bright
Just like sushine
The one who speaks
And makes me melt like ice cream in the sun
Oh!  My...
The one every lady wants
The one every woman desire
The one that thousands rush
Just to call him their own
Oh!  My...
The one that chose me
Despite numerous choices
Just to show that love knows no boundary
The one I call TÈMI
Oh!  My...
The one that for everything in the world
I would never give up
Because he lights up my life
With just a smile
Oh!  My Àdùfé.

Àdùfé is a name given to a male child in the south-western part of Nigeria.

 
About Writer:
Jesutofunmi Odewumi is a fashion designer and business woman who is more passionate about the girl child issues and emotional matters. She enjoys writing too. She's a graduate of English from the University of Ilorin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Omolabake written by Komolafe John

The first four letters that brought you my way was fate. Also, remember the four letters that brought you into existence was love. Omol...

Trending on DW