Monday 11 December 2017

ANTHOLOGY OF LOVE I Written by: Oladayo Oke & Arinola Adegbite.

THIRST OF LOVE
Arin
I don't know I can be this bold
Now that we are done
I realized I can be better.
I won't let those memories
Weigh me down.
Ready to put off those light,
Will embrace the darkness
Then I will hold firm to my heart
I won't be moved by your words,
Treat my self to the fullest
I will stop lingering
Broken heart is like a warning.

Oladayo
As soon as you left me,
My world fell apart;
It became hazy
Friends thought I was crazy
They want to know
When the wound would be healed,
But they don't understand
The miseries behind our love.
I'm thirsty of your love
Please let me drink from it.
I don't mind if I swim
Once again in your ocean of love.


 LONG GONE
Oladayo
 Back in the memories
Gone in the past,
I remembered how the wind
That of love blast,
Wiped away all that seems it won't last,
But now I saw you leaving
And running so fast
Away from my abode.

Arin
Where is your pride?
Your ego! You dare not hide.
Panting and ranting
Breathing and wanting
Distance echoed your name
Yet am lame
Tried your lane
Ain't even fit in beneath your grin.

I was broken-hearted
But you never cared.
You ain't interested
Not even in my scars.
Regret in your tears
My silence will crush
And break you apart
Because you chose to leave me in apathy.

Oladayo
Like I used to say
Back in those days;
That there's none like you,
Now it appeared to me
That my words were real.
However, please let's bring up a deal,
And let's make it a seal,
To once again and forever eat the same meal.


 DRAW ME BACK
Oladayo
My heart lingers
For who is it to come
Hoping to come and ginger
That dead soul in me.
For how long will I wait
To taste from the milk of love?
My heart is exposed
To the ill ocean breeze
And my soul is exposed
Luring my spirit to become freeze.

Arin
Due to my ignorance
Endless love tormented my soul.
Let's engage in silence romance
Down beneath my toes.
Yet ain't repulsive
Don't bother to be submissive.
Stop being a pretender
Silent soul murderer
You came, you saw,
And left before dawn.

Oladayo
That was then my story,
But I've come to say sorry.
My days in the city of solitude;
Increases every minute.
Your figure is what I see every time in my dream
And sometimes it makes me want to scream
Because your smile always shines as gleam.
In a nutshell, be my ice cream.
Please come back and ease me of the lonely days;
That dropped me in the malevolent maze.

                                                                                            The End! 

Danoxfordwrites cares about your reaction(s) on this content. Kindly comment and let's know the one you like most in this anthology (series of poems). Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Omolabake written by Komolafe John

The first four letters that brought you my way was fate. Also, remember the four letters that brought you into existence was love. Omol...

Trending on DW