Monday 30 October 2017

ALONE



I am all alone in that dark moment,
Where the breeze ceased blowing,
Where the memories of mellifluous voices of loved ones fade away,
And where shadow became my chum.

From head knowledge, I have refrained many from  drowning in depression  in their times of depression,
But no one cedes to me a thoughtful impression.
Alone by myself waiting for words of exaltation,
But to no avail, I got nothing deserving my expectation.

Tears flow down my cheek,
Who do I hold ransom for my solitude?
The chicks are always in a felicitous mood,
Maybe a solitary like me could comprehend the reason for my being gloomy.

Now what do I do when I am by myself?
Who appears alone when I yell for help?
I know I am in the world of angst,
But I know I'll one day be strong enough to leave the world of solitude.

Written by: Oke Oladayo. 
 About poet: I'm a student at Osun State University, Osogbo, Nigeria.
Contacts: Facebook: Oke Oladayo Dan | Instagram: Danoxford | Whatsapp: +2348107880409 | Call: +2348107880409| Email: okeoladayo10@gmail.com
danoxfordwrites.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Omolabake written by Komolafe John

The first four letters that brought you my way was fate. Also, remember the four letters that brought you into existence was love. Omol...

Trending on DW