Friday 10 May 2019

AYOKA by Oke Oladayo


AYOKA

Letting alone the walls built,
Walls of war against our hearts;
Here I am, inside the unfriendly odds
Building castle for you my queen.
I know its arid, but I will dig!
Dig a well of peace beyond the crust
Where we would dream, live and love.
Ayoka, tie your gale, wear your ofi
My agbada is ready, its hand is colossal.
It can wrap your soul, body and spirit.
Open the gate of your heart
Let me park my cart.
Our blood and water need to collide
'Cos Mama reminded me of my age.
The hours of waiting has been casted
Into the valley of crying fire
Now it is time for you to espy my desire,
'Cos my palace awaits your arrival
Arrival of the queen that owns my heart.


(Ayoka is a traditional name from the south-western part of Nigeria.
Gale means hair tie
Ofi means traditional dress
Agbada means a traditional dress worn by men.)

4 comments:

Recent Post

Omolabake written by Komolafe John

The first four letters that brought you my way was fate. Also, remember the four letters that brought you into existence was love. Omol...

Trending on DW