Monday 15 January 2018

PAROXYSM | Written by Oke Oladayo


On my way to the river
I heard the winds screaming 
The trees started to shiver 
Just like I was only  dreaming.

Through the village orifice,
A certain voice swept my feets away.
Like the executive chair in the office, 
I rolled beyond my way.

When I got to my horizon 
I was told my pot had been broken.
Rivers of water took a source from my lids,
My lips left with thousand words unspoken.

She left me in the pit of loneliness, 
Who cares about my existence? 
Sorrow became my favorite meal,
As the picture of the nature made no sense.

Just when the wound was getting healed,
And my world getting back into its shape.
It was then life removed the seal,
Of the one I bear his name.

Now that my track has been replaced by wall,
How do I sail through the ocean of sorrow, 
Now that my path has been played like ball,
How do I bear the challenges of tomorrow?

©Written by: Oke Oladayo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Omolabake written by Komolafe John

The first four letters that brought you my way was fate. Also, remember the four letters that brought you into existence was love. Omol...

Trending on DW