Thursday 16 November 2017

MISAPPREHENSION OF LOVE | Written by: Oke Oladayo.

My unspoken words she hears,
My unexpressed feelings she knows,
My unseen visions she espies,
My untold dreams she believes.

When I was alone, she became my companion,
When I was despondent, she became my muse
When I was sick, she became my nurse,
When I was incarcerated, she became my saviour.

But I took her affections for granted,
I inconsequentially toyed with her emotions,
I made fun of her tenderheartedness,
Little did I know she was an angel sent by God.

I never knew the worth of her, until I lose her,
I never knew how precious she was until I watched her go,
Though she left some footprints in my heart,
I still yearn for her long gone presence.

Remembering her evocative memories made me feel completely empty,
This showed me the mystery behind love,
And an understanding of what it is to admire what you have,
So that one can acquire more than one's desire.

I've learnt a lot from my misapprehension,
Knowing that moment fades away,
But still, we can break a way to make a way,
So that our tomorrow can outshine our yesterday.

Please, make my life beautiful once again,
Let it be bright and colourful again,
Let it speak of your pervasive love again,
And take me back to your arms for us to reunite again.

©Written by: Oke Oladayo

Danoxfordwrites cares about your reactions on this content. Kindly comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Omolabake written by Komolafe John

The first four letters that brought you my way was fate. Also, remember the four letters that brought you into existence was love. Omol...

Trending on DW